The Westfjords focus on sustainability
- To develop and strenghten the image of the Westfjords as a tourist destination.
- To work with tourism companies and tourist representatives in the Westfjords
- To cooperate with tourist information centres and coordinate information provided to tourists.
- To help stakeholders to assemble, coordinate and market innovation and events within the region, also research target groups and assist in marketing.
- To encourage innovation in tourism in the region, providing assistance and advice.
- Provide training and workshops for managers and staff in various areas of marketing and product development.
- Marketing and promotion of the Westfjords via the web and social media, by publications and participation in workshops, exhibitions and marketing projects domestically and abroad.
- To participate in ongoing development projects for tourism in the Westfjords.
- Visit Westfjords Office is supported by the Icelandic Ministry of Industry and Innovation, 9 municipalities in the Westfjords and has around 50 member companies.